Founded in 1922 in Nässjö, Sweden, the original company, was called Elekto Ljus & Kraft, name that was changed to AB Eldon-Verken in 1948.
Eldon literally means “devices for electricity” in Swedish, a representative name for a company manufacturing enclosures designed to protect highly sensitive electrical and electronic components.
Initially building electrical installation equipment and selling radios, the latest invention at the time, they soon began manufacturing a junction box designed for the use with electric ovens.
Eldon is a privately held company headquartered in Madrid, Spain, and a global manufacturer of standard and customized enclosure solutions for the industrial and building markets.
Product manufacturing is developed in several European production facilities and a plant in Umbergaon, India. The company has 6 distribution centers and is present in 45 countries around the world.
Eldon offers several ranges of products:
- Mild steel and stainless steel wall mounted enclosures
- Mild steel and stainless steel floor standing enclosures
- Console systems — mild steel and stainless steel consoles for control & automation applications
- Polyester enclosures
- Terminal boxes — over 160 standard sizes in six different types of material
- Thermal management — products used to maintain the right temperature and protect sensitive components inside
- EMC shielded enclosures — enclosures with zinc plated frames or produced in stainless steel which can withstand the main enemy of EMI, corrosion
- Swing-arms range
- General accessories — a variety of common components necessary for completing different application